Tuesday, January 14, 2014

You Are A Wizard!


One of my biggest pet-peeves when I'm serving is when someone tries to hit on me.  Guess what, I'm working. It's especially annoying when said Don Juan is hammered.  Guess what, I'm sober....for the most part. Then there are the people who are too shy to say something to you when they're at the table and instead leave their number and a message after they leave   But I have to admit, I find this one adorable.  In case you can't read it, the customer wrote "You are a wizard! Tell me your secrets!" and left his name and number.  This is nice because this person isn't just hitting on them, they are complimenting them at their profession...which it is, a profession.  And they are also expressing a part of their personality...and, tipping above 20%.  I always find it hilarious when someone leaves me their number but tips less than 18%.  If you ever want a server or bartender to actually call you, don't do that...just an f.y.i.  Unfortunately the bartender who received this note is married, but it still made her day and that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment