Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cumt


I got this one from a bartender friend of mine.  She got this one a couple years ago while serving at restaurant that only serves craft beer. This is the story she emailed me: " Written with my pen on a beer menu, this girl was so emphatic she had to double up her letters making it look like cumt instead of cunt. She asked me for a blue moon, which of course we didn't carry. I brought her two samples, both of which I pointed out on the menu. She drank two. When it came time to pay, she was pissed because she thought they were $6 instead of $7. Sorry bitch. I pointed to them on the menu. With the prices. When I didn't take $2 bucks off her bill, she retaliated. I'm so glad you think it's appropriate to call a total stranger a cunt over $2, because you either can't read or can't do basic arithmetic."
Tell me another industry where people find it socially acceptable to call another human being a cunt. People like the girl who wrote this are why servers and bartenders tend to grow a bit cynical and jaded throughout the years.  If you had to deal with this fucking bullshit day in and day out and just have to suck it up and accept it, you'd probably be a bit bitter as well.
What really gets me is that the effin prices were even listed on the menu and yet somehow it is the server's fault she didn't pay what she wanted to?  And to get that angry over $2.00. Read your fucking menu, cumt.

 I've been noticing this more and more lately, customers seemingly refusing to read their menus.  They ask you every fucking question under the sun about an item on the menu without actually looking at the menu.  You ask me a question after you read your god damn menu.  Don't ask me if the fucking Chicken Salad has tomatoes in it without reading the fucking menu that tells you it has fucking tomatoes in it.  It's like the home brewers who come in and ask you every possible question about a certain microbrew you carry, asking you where the hops are grown.   How the fuck should I know? We carry the beer, we don't make it. You know who would know that, the internet. That's on your fancy fucking phone right in front of you.  Try looking it up yourself you lazy piece of shit. I'm here to server you food and alcohol, not give a fucking lecture on the various strands of hops out there for brewers to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment